BA (History,Economics,Tourism & Travel Management) & Add On Course (Certificate, Diploma and
Advanced Diploma in Tourism and Travel Management)
• Add on course started in the year 2006 and regular degree program in the year 2011.
• This course is one of the job oriented course in the college.
• The department celebrates the TOURISM DAY every year by organising seminars, exhibitions etc.,
• Students are sent for Internship in ITDC, IRCTC, Thomas Cook Etc.,
• Students can learn computer skills or undertake documentation work in the computer utility room during their free time.
Department of Tourism and Travel Management is dedicated to provide excellent education through quality teaching and research. It is being realized through innovative design based upon transactional methods rather than instructional methods and implementation of both formal curricula and co-curricular activities. DTTM makes extensive use of case method to prepare students to cope up with real life business challenges. It also makes use of lectures, simulations, fieldwork, independent research projects, role plays and other forms of teaching as appropriate in particular module.
On the Job Training
To meet industrial training needs, Tourism & Travel Management students are offered to take up On the Job Training (OJT), in which they undertake industrial placements as part of their studies. The DTTM is very fortunate in receiving overwhelming response from tourism and event business firms.
At DTTM, Study Tour is an integral part of TTM program. It gives students an opportunity to develop a deeper understanding of the theoretical and conceptual knowledge delivered in the class room teaching.
Multifaceted Interface Development
DTTM is dedicated to develop synergistic partnership with tourism and allied sectors by developing a strong spectrum involving voices from academia, industry, social and environmental organizations.
Hotels and Resorts
Jobs in Department of tourism, Government of Karnataka