The department of Commerce and Management was established in the year 1985 at Field Marshal K M Cariappa College, Madikeri by the Mangalore University. The department is running with Six permanent faculties,along with a number of
qualified guest lecturers, with the aid from University, have served for the betterment of the department.
Presently the department is headed by Dr. Jagadish B.
The Dept. has organized One day workshop and the students have actively participated. The students have actively participated in inter-college fests and National level seminars. The students have presented papers in National level conference. The Department had organised a one day industrial visit to Nestle Ltd. Nanjangud. The Department organised a seminar on the topic “Career Opportunities in Financial Markets and SEBI”.
● The Department of Commerce offers a three-year Regular B.Com and BBA courses. Both courses are divided into six semesters. A degree in Commerce and management opens up opportunities in higher education for graduates to pursue Master's-level courses.
● The Department offers excellent course structure with the choice of electives. The course structure encompasses Accounting, Taxation, HR, Marketing, Business Laws and computer applications.
● The Commerce Department creates a stimulating environment for the academic growth of its students.
● The faculty members are known for their expertise in finance and organisation behaviour and impart practical knowledge on the subjects.
● Talks, seminars, computer presentations and industrial visit are organised regularly to enhance the skills of the students.